Tuesday, August 22, 2006

We interrupt this hiatus -- for Worldcon

Things have been rather busy this summer -- lots of time at work, and teaching two sessions of basic catechist formation for the Diocese. But I'm taking this week off to attend LACon IV, this year's World Science Fiction Convention. It starts tomorrow the 23'rd and runs to Sunday afternoon. I'm going to stay at least through Mass Sunday morning (yep, Mass at a con -- this should be fun).

If I get a chance, I'll post some reactions each evening. My schedule for tomorrow (as far as I know):

  • arrive some time before noon, check in, and register
  • 2:30 pm - either Blogs & E-Fanzines, The Worst Future that You Can Imagine, or Okay, You've Got the Moon, What're You Going to Do With It?
  • 4:00 pm - Nuclear Weapon Strategies, My Life in a Time Machine, or The Future of Journalism
  • 5:00 pm (if nothing else from 4 works -- Reading by Joe Haldeman
  • 5:30 pm -- not sure yet, maybe listen to filksongs or hit the movies
  • 8:00 pm -- Babel Conference reception for Star Trek's 40th anniversary
And there are parties, besides.

The interesting part of this for me is that this is being held at the Anaheim Convention Center, which is quite familiar to me from attending the LA Religious Education Congress for a number of years. I already know my way around.

No comments: