Saturday, September 09, 2017

The Questions

The reality is that I really can't give many answers in my Congress presentation -- maybe I should stick to the questions.   Here is one high level set, or rather set of sets:

  1. What frustrates me most right now?  Is distraction and lack of attention a problem? When I get bored, what is my "go-to" activity?
  2. What am I looking for?  What is missing in me that I am seeking?  Have I given up looking?  Do I have any idea where to start or resume?
  3. Where am I on the journey?
    • Do I know how to pray, by myself, silently? Do I feel God listening? Do I think God has failed me or dislikes me?
    • What is my most important or liked regular religious activity that does not involve going to Mass? Am I accountable to anyone spiritually or morally?
    • Am I walking with the small ones of God? Do I know by name non-relatives that are poor, sick, incarcerated, homeless, bereaved, or abandoned? How have they changed my life?
    • Do I wake up in the morning happy or at peace most days? Do I wake up angry or depressed a lot?
  4. Tomorrow morning, what is the first thing that I will begin to change? What help do I need from others, or God? What do I expect?
This is just a start.  I will have updates and an explanation of the structure a little later.

No comments: