Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Some posts - perhaps

Well, at least it hasn't been an entire year.

There simply has not been enough time, between working for the Diocese, trying to revise the diocesan web site, and just living in the current environment.

Well, I am going back to the roots of blogging for me -- wanting to write about some things, but with the discipline that publishing (no matter how limited in scope) brings. The reason is Pope Benedicts latest encyclical letter Caritas in Veritate.

I have only made it a third of the way in, but am already wearing out a highlighter. There is a lot of substance here. What I do want to do is to try to read it naively -- read it while consciously trying to concentrate on what Benedict is writing as opposed to my reaction. As it concerns matters economic and political, even trying to bracket your own opinions is quite difficult, but in this case, essential.

There is no schedule for this (how can there be after this hiatus) but I hope to make and post comments as I get through this. More later, I hope.

No comments: